Immediate opening for a skilled bilingual (Spanish/English) paralegal with 1-2 years of legal admin/paralegal experience.
The position involves:
- Heavy volume of client services and legal writing, organizing, managing and routing case information and documents.
- Liaising with Federal Immigration Court, Department of Homeland Security, USCIS, and State Family Court personnel;
- Contacting clients to request submission of necessary documents for applications and court submissions; Court Preparation;
- Fielding a heavy volume of client inquiries via phone and in person. Escalating appropriately to the Attorney;
- Maintaining the firm calendar and providing scheduling updates to firm attorneys, personnel, and clients;
- Drafting sworn statements and affidavits;
- Providing translation and interpretation from Spanish to English and vice versa.
We are looking for someone with a genuine passion for protecting the rights of immigrants in the United States, and a deep interest in making a long-term commitment to our well-respected and rapidly growing practice.
The successful candidate is fluent in written and spoken Spanish & English. S/he has 1-2 years of law office experience; S/he is an absolute team player with a demonstrated record of achievement, is committed to excellent client service, is well organized and self-motivated, possesses excellent written and spoken communication skills, and is fluent in technology - particularly the Microsoft Office suite. B.A. required.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, full medical, dental, vision and life insurance, an annual cost- of-living raise, an annual performance-based bonus, a supportive and collaborative work environment, and high potential for growth. Most of all, your work will make a positive difference in the lives of others.